Information here is from 2017, but you can expect 2018 to be even better. We'll update for 2018 as we firm up the schedule. Date will still be the second weekend in October.
- At each of the shuttle drop off points there will be a local rider there to help with directions and to lead a group ride if wanted.
- $5 per shuttle, or $10 to ride shuttles all day.
- There will be an aide station sponsored by Manzanita Cyclery at White Rock on Thumb Butte to help with directions and water.
There will be three shuttle destinations:
- Shuttle 1– Will go to White Rock at Thumb Butte and continue on to Sierra Prietta.
- Shuttle 2 – Will go to Aspen Creek Trail Head /48 and continue on to Sierra Prietta.
- Shuttle 3 – Will go to Trail 396/Trail 62 at Senator Highway.
You can either ride back into town, or catch a shuttle from White Rock at Thumb Butte back to the Festival.
There will be an aid station at White Rock at Thumb Butte sponsored and manned by Manzanita Cyclery. The aid station will provide:
- Trail information including suggested routes and return routes to the Festival
- A fully functioning mobile bike shop offering light bike maintenance including tire pressure and suspension adjustments and fit adjustments
- Nutritional supplements as well as water and electrolyte beverages
9:00 a.m. – Shuttle 1 and 2 Leaves
9:30 a.m. – Shuttle 3 leaves
10:30 a.m. – Shuttle 1 and 2 Leaves
11:00 a.m. – Shuttle 3 leaves
12:00 Noon – Shuttle –1 and 2 leaves
12:30 Pm – Shuttle 3 leaves
1:30 p.m. – Shuttle – 1 and 2 leaves
2:00 PM – Shuttle 3 leaves – This is the last shuttle for the day.
Test out the latest and greatest bikes on some awesome trails at the Prescott Mountain Bike Festival!
You will need to bring your state-issued ID and credit card in order to take out a demo bike. To use a demo bike you must also bring a helmet, a camelback or something similar, your shoes and your pedals.
These vendors will have demo bikes available: